Yoga for Glowing Skin: Seven Invaluable Yoga Asanas For Healthy Skin
Many of us tend to get skin problems. The Indian summer heat, the winter dryness, the monsoon humidity – all cause skin problems. Usually, people use beauty products for getting over their skin problems. These work most of the time. But we often forget a relatively cheap and most effective method of skin rejuvenation treatment that you can practice at home – yoga. Yoga will give you inner health and your skin will start glowing naturally.
It is a common saying that your inner health reflects outside on your skin. If you have inner health, you will naturally get a glow on your skin and get compliments from people. Yoga is known to help achieve inner health. I believe that being naturally healthy is much better than spending money on cosmetics or more invasive methods.
All you need to do is to devote about one hour daily to do some powerful yoga asanas and you will see your skin health improving considerably. Some of the asanas that you need to do are breathing exercises and the headstand. Pranayama and fish pose are asanas that help in getting naturally healthy skin. These powerful yoga asanas will help you remove toxins from your body and give you long-term health.
Some beneficial yoga asanas are described below. You can do some or all of these regularly. Seek the help of a yoga teacher who can teach you these asanas. Videos, which are easily available, are also helpful in learning the yoga workout.
1. Pranayam: Breathing right is the beginning on the path to healthy skin. Kapalbharti pranayam is recommended by actress Shilpa Shetty in her videos. You can easily learn how to do this pranayam by watching her videos. Just doing it for 15 minutes every day is enough to solve your skin problems. Your skin will become healthy and glowing.
2. Uttanasana: For skin health, forward-bending poses are of great help. The Uttanasana pose results in better blood flow into the face. The improved circulation results in more oxygen to the face, giving it a glow. Better blood flow also results in skin cell renewal, removing dullness and giving the face shining look.
3. Shoulder stand (Sarvangasana): This asana is very helpful in achieving healthy and glowing skin. Doing it 3 to 5 times a day helps remove pimples, acne, and wrinkles. Your skin will start looking bright as this asana improves blood circulation in the face. It also strengthens the internal parts of the body and keeps them healthy.
4. Halasan: Another forward bending pose is Plough pose, or halasan. The plough pose improves circulation and also improves the digestive process resulting in better overall health including that of the skin.
5. Fish Pose (Matsyasana): The fish pose is very helpful as it improves several body functions, including that of the thyroid, pineal, and pituitary glands. It also normalises hormones. All of these contribute to healthy skin for the long term by giving good, overall health. It stretches the muscles of the face and throat which results in natural tightening of the skin.
6. Trikonasana: The Triangle pose or tikonasana helps in improving the oxygen supply to the body by opening up the lungs, chest and heart. The improved circulation results in a healthy body. The effect on the skin is phenomenal: more oxygen means a fresh look with glowing cheeks and a rejuvenated face.
7. Headstand (Shirshasana): An important asana that improves blood flow from feet to head is the head stand. By reversing the blood circulation, it supplies more blood to the brain and upper part of the body, which provides in more oxygen and nutrients. The face thus gets a healthy glow reflecting improved blood flow. Adopt this asana as a regular exercise and see the results for yourself – you will say goodbye to dullness and wrinkles on your skin.
I have described seven powerful yoga asanas here, which can be done easily by everyone. However, all yoga asanas that improve digestion, reduce stress and improve blood flow will improve skin health. You can try the Bhujangasana, which is also known as the cobra pose, which helps in reducing stress and tension, apart from rejuvenating the skin. The camel pose or Ustrasana helps improve lung capacity which in turn improves oxygen intake in the body. It also balances the hormones so that you do not get acne and pimples. The Pavanamuktasana helps in improving digestion and cures constipation, which also have long term health benefits on the skin. The mountain pose of the Tadasna is a simple pose that involves breathing exercises, so the body gets more oxygen which shows in a healthy skin. You can try these asanas for long term skin health.
Beauty comes from within. If the body is healthy it will show in a healthy skin as well. For people who want natural, long term beauty, yoga is the perfect answer. Not only will the skin be healthy but your face will get a permanent glow. Rather than resort to expensive cosmetics or more expensive surgery and similar procedures, I will always advise natural methods. Of course you will have to learn the techniques and set aside about an hour everyday for the purpose. This one hour will be a valuable investment for your long term health and beauty.