Female health goes for a toss during various stages of her life whether it is menstruation, pregnancy or menopause. The changes in hormonal levels of the body create havoc in the overall health of the body including hair, skin, etc. Hormonal imbalance is one of the main causes of hair loss in the woman. Other causes that can trigger hair growth problem in women are:
- Iron deficiency: Heavy menstruation flow can cause chronic blood loss. 60% of iron in the body is stored in the RBC’s (red blood cells). Iron deficiency or anaemia, especially in females, leads to hair loss.
- Stress: Excessive stress can increase the levels of androgen which stimulates hair loss. Stress can also result in alopecia, trichotillomania or telogen effluvium which further induces female pattern baldness.
- Nutrient Deficiency: Fast-paced life has made eating wholesome healthy food a challenge. Instead, junk food has taken its place which does not complete the daily nutrient requirements. Deficiency of essential nutrients like vitamin B12, iron, zinc, etc adversely affects hair health.
- Age: As age progresses, hair thinning becomes more and more inevitable. More than two-thirds of women face hair loss after their 50’s and 60’s. The hair becomes finer and weaker.
- Weight Loss: Weight loss in women triggers telogen effluvium due to sudden shock faced by the body. Moreover, if the weight is lost as a result of crash dieting or fad diets, the lack of essential vitamins and minerals will also affect the health of the hair.
The female pattern hair loss occurs in the form of hair thinning as opposed to bald patches in men. A more advanced form of hair loss is indicated by the widening of the part. Savin scale is used by a doctor to determine the level of baldness in women.
Psychological Effect Of Hair Loss In Women
Although men and women both are equally conscious of baldness, women attribute more value and significance to their hair than their counterparts. Especially in a country like ours, the beauty of a woman is marked in terms of the length and volume of her hair. Though the scenario is changing bit by bit, the Indian society is still not comfortable by women with short or bald hair. Since the men do not have to face the judgemental eyes as much as the opposite gender does, they have it a little easy in this domain. Hence, women have to face the dual burden of personal loss and societal pressure when experiencing hair loss. Hair loss can take a hit on the self-esteem and confidence of a woman and therefore it is important to curb it at the right time, if possible.
Treatment For Hair Loss
It is important to visit a trichologist as soon as you feel more hair fall than usual. The hair specialist will conduct a series of hair loss diagnostic tests to determine the root cause and will prescribe medications and suggest treatments accordingly. Some of the treatments are given below.
- Dietary Supplements: Eating nutritious food is paramount for healthy body and hair. If the nutritional needs are not fulfilled, take supplements for iron, vitamins, minerals, omega acid etc. for shiny and bouncy hair.
- Fitness: Fitness is more important than weight loss. Hence, even losing extra kilos should be done correctly, slowly and healthily without involving any fad diets.
- Home remedies: Certain oils like, rosemary oil, olive oil etc are proven to boost hair regrowth and improve hair health.
- PRP Therapy: Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy is a minimally invasive technique to boost hair growth. The process is easy, convenient and almost painless.
- Hair Transplants: The most innovative and latest technology in hair transplantations is FUE hair transplant which is suture-free, scar-free and virtually painless.
- Cosmetic Hair Fusion: The amazing grip strip technology is an ideal way of getting luscious long hair back for women. It is even possible in cases where hair transplants fail. It is a completely painless, effective and instant way of overcoming permanent hair loss.
Hair is a very delicate subject for women and taking care of those luscious locks is necessary. Choose the best hair transplant clinic for free consultation and affordable hair treatment cost with the most experienced and knowledgeable trichologists, surgeons and medical staff for aesthetic and natural-looking results.