Want to keep your face looking young? People try various cosmetics and surgeries to look young, and an alternative and easy way is to do facial exercises or facial yoga that will keep your face muscles toned. It is said that there are over 50 muscles in the face, and regular exercising them will tone them, just like other muscles in the body. Exercising them will keep your facial muscles toned and improved blood circulation to the face, resulting in younger face, jaws, cheeks, and eyes. These exercises produce a natural facelift, reducing wrinkles and sagging skin. It will slow the aging process while giving you a bright complexion and glowing skin.
Fact or fiction?
Do facial exercises help? Many people think that facial exercises and facial yoga are very helpful in skin toning. Since facial muscles are seldom used but are similar to other muscles in the body, they must be used regularly, otherwise they begin to sag. Such exercises improve blood circulation and bring oxygen to facial tissues, thereby making them glowing and healthy. That is why facial yoga is indeed a good idea.
Usually facial muscles are neglected during out workouts. Exercises of the face improve blood circulation, making jawbones and cheeks prominent and reducing the excess fat in the face. It is a way of getting rid of problems relating to double chin, sagging skin and wrinkles. I will describe here some easy facial exercises for men and women that can be done in just a few minutes every day.
Facial exercises for men and women
Here are some simple face exercises that you can easily do at home with great benefits.
1. Smile: One of the simplest facial exercises is smiling. Make sure your smile is wide and generous, showing your teeth. Bring your face to smile and back to the starting point slowly, and do the smiling again, stopping at different stages of your smile. Do this exercise several times. You can also apply pressure to your smile by using fingers to resists the muscle movement and work the muscles in your face. Stop at various stages of your smile and hold each position for 10 seconds.
2. Puffing the Cheeks: Puff out your cheeks and shift the air in your mouth from one cheek to the other, 5 times. Then release air slowly. Repeat the exercise a few times.
3. Stick Your Tongue Out: Stick your tongue out as far as it will go, and hold this pose for 60 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
4. Look Up: Look up and make an expression of kissing. Hold the pose for about five seconds before coming back to normal. Repeat about ten times. Another variation that you can try is to stick out your tongue while looking up. This will strengthen the muscles in the neck.
5. Widen your eyes: This is another easy exercise. Open your eyes as wide as possible, pulling your skin back. You can use your hands to pull your skin, then release it slowly. This exercise is extremely helpful to reduce crow’s feet, or lines around the eyes.
These are some simple exercises and they can be done in a few minutes every day. But you must do them regularly. Devote a few minutes daily for them and you will begin to see positive results in about two weeks. Next I will describe face toning.
Face toning to reduce wrinkles
Apart from the above, you can do some face toning exercises that will help you reduce wrinkles on your face. These exercises will keep your face toned and help you get a glowing face.
Forehead Exercises: There are several forehead toning exercises you can do. Try this for facial toning: Use your index finger to pull on your forehead and apply pressure on it. Move the eyebrows so that they strengthen the muscles in the forehead. Repeat about ten times. This exercise is very helpful in smoothening lines on your forehead and eye puffiness.
You can also do brow lifts. Use your fingers to raise your eyebrows. Gently push the skin down with your fingers, then push your brows up and down. Do this for about 10 times.
Facial exercises are of great help in toning your facial muscles. At the same time, take steps to protect your face from the sun, such as always using a sunscreen while going out. Eat green vegetables and avoid stress. Just a routine of 20 minutes every day will make your face look healthier. You will get the results after about two weeks.
I have described some easy exercises here. Do see a specialist for more facial exercises and facial yoga. Doing them will keep your face energized and healthy.