Cute beanies and gorgeous scarfs might be your go-to for the season but what about your crowning glory? Are you forced to wrap your hair around in a bun? Read this blog from start to end to fight winter hair problems with a bang.
5 Common Winter Hair Problems
The crispy weather will surely bring with itself these 5 hair issues. First, let’s understand these everyday winter hair problems
- Dryness: The chilly breeze and room heaters strip all the moisture from the hair making it rough and dry. On top of that, blow drying hair can cause further dehydration in the hair. Excessive moisture-loss causes hair breakage and split ends.
- Frizziness: Invest in an anti-frizz spray for sleek and healthy hair in the winters. It occurs when dry hair tries to absorb moisture from the air. Apart from making you look like a clown with all those flyaways, frizziness can cause long-term damage to the hair.
- Dandruff: Dandruff not only looks embarrassing but is also stinky and causes itchiness. Causes of dandruff include dead skin cells on the scalp or the malassezia fungus. Anti-dandruff shampoos can further strip the hair of its natural moisture so choose your shampoo wisely. You can also opt for natural remedies to get rid of dandruff.
- Static: Staticky hair can be extremely irritating. It is often caused by dry hair rubbing through all your adorable sweaters and hoodies. A leave-in conditioner will be your best friend to manage embarrassing situations in public.
- Intense Hair Fall: It is common to notice intense hair fall during the change of season from summers to winters. Hair fall problem further aggravates in winters due to dryness and moisture-loss. It makes the hair fragile and prone to breakage.
How To Manage Your Tresses In Winters?
This chilly season, update your hair care regime with these simple tips and tricks:
- Hot oil massages: Winters provide the perfect opportunity to try all the oil concoctions and home-remedies suggested by your grandma. Argan oil and coconut oil are considered the best to cure dry winter hair.
- Avoid showering with hot water: Long hot showers are soothing but hot water can damage your hair beyond repair. Try keeping the temperature down in the shower for healthier hair.
- Cold water rinse for shiny hair: While washing the hair, the last rinse should be with cold water. It helps in sealing the hair cuticles making it frizz-free, soft and shiny.
- Deep-conditioning hair mask: Moisturizing the hair using a deep conditioner will provide the necessary hydration to the hair and help tame flyaways. Use this hydrating mask once every week for best results.
- Air-drying: Ditch blow drying and let the hair air-dry. Hot tools like blow dryers suck up moisture thus adding to your problems.
- Satin-lined caps: Cotton and woolen lined caps promote frizziness and static. Satin-lined caps will not only keep you warm but also prevent damage due to the dry winter wind.
- Trim the ends: Winters cause brittleness in the ends of the hair shaft. Snip the ends and use a split end protection serum for good hair.
- Boar bristle brush: Boar bristle brush is the ultimate frizzy hair treatment. This beauty secret naturally conditions, promote scalp circulation, improves texture and prevents oil build up.
Winter Haircare routine
- Oiling: Massage your hair with any organic oil and leave it overnight.
- Shower: Go high on moisture with choosing a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Air Drying: Air dry the air as much as possible to avoid dryness due to excessive blow drying.
- Heat-protectant Serum: If you want to use hot tools, invest in a good heat protectant serum. You should use it in both summers and winters.
- Leave-in Conditioner: If you are feeling static in the hair, use a leave-in conditioner to rejuvenate your tresses.
- Deep-conditioning Hair Mask: Use this mask once a week for that added shine and luster.
- Dry Shampoo: Overwashing, especially with hot water, can damage your hair. Use a dry shampoo to minimize hair washes.
Hair Treatments For Highly Damaged Hair
Hair damage in winter is at its peak. People experience hair dryness, brittleness, dullness and hair loss. The Latest hair loss treatments like cosmetic hair fusion, PRP Therapy and Mesotherapy to revive their good looks. Also, if you experience excessive permanent hair loss, opt for latest FUE hair transplant surgery, which is virtually painless and scar-free.